There are tons of mobile apps out there designed to help us make our lives more efficient, including apps for directions. Most of these direction apps are geared toward being hands-free, meaning they are safe for you to use while driving. In fact, many of these apps are equipped with warnings to remind you to put down your phone while driving and listen to the voice commands programmed into the mobile app.
Not only are there mobile apps, but there are several GPS devices that are designed solely for the purpose of driving directions. Mobile apps, however, can be used for various forms of transportation, not just driving such as walking and biking. Here are 5 of the most helpful, free direction apps:
- Google Maps: This is the classic direction app and has proved its sufficiency time and time again. It has tons of voice commands too, really demonstrating its ability to be hands-free.
- Waze: This app not only offers directions but has several bonus features, including user-generated traffic information, such as hazards on the road and possible police sightings.
- Here Maps: This app has tons of information about public transportation, pedestrian, and cycling navigation. If you are looking for an app that provides more than just driving directions, then this one is for you.
- InRoute: It is incredibly helpful to know the weather before you start your drive, and this app not only offers driving directions, but weather charts too.
- Scout GPS: For safety alerts and accurate car navigation, this app is for you.
Driving apps are just one piece of the puzzle for a successful trip -- a healthy and safe vehicle is a crucial component. As the go-to auto repair shop for San Carlos, Belmont, Redwood Shores, Redwood City, Woodside, and Menlo Park for over three generations, you can expect to receive complete peace of mind about the safety and driveability of your vehicle. Schedule an appointment today.