With summer almost here, we might be getting a little stir crazy, spending all this time indoors. With shelter in place in the Bay area, one thing we all learned is that “it is not about the destination, but the journey.” You can quickly get out on the road and explore the Bay Area from the comfort and safety of your vehicle. It doesn’t matter if you are looking for a drive through the redwood trees or along the coast, California, specifically the Bay Area, has something for everybody.
Here are six scenic drives to take in the Bay Area:
- Skyline Boulevard (Route 35): This mountain ridge road is often overlooked, but if you are looking to step on the brakes and appreciate the views and scenery, Skyline Boulevard is perfect for you. We recommend stopping at the vista points and capture this moment with a photograph.
- Panoramic Highway: If you are looking for a tour of Northern California’s most scenic geography, Panoramic Highway (beginning at Muir Woods and ending at Mt. Tam). Mt. Tam is over 2000 feet high, and you will have views of Marin County Hills, San Francisco Bay, and Mount Diablo. If it is an exceptionally clear day, you might even be able to see the Sierra Nevadas. The Panoramic Highway will take you to Stinson Beach -- a beautiful beach to gaze at!
- Pacifica to Santa Cruz (Highway 1): Most of Highway 1 is considered a scenic drive, but the stretch between Pacific and Santa Cruz is breathtaking. You can begin your journey at Mori Point, drive seven minutes south to Devil’s Slide Bunker, and then visit Gray Whale State Cove Beach, only two minutes away from the bunker. The drive doesn’t there -- continue driving south.
- Marin to Point Reyes Lighthouse: This drive is only an hour-long, but you will see a lot in those 60 minutes, as this route will take you away from the California freeways to cut through Samuel P. Taylor State Park. Make sure to pause and look at the window at the stunning redwoods and grasslands. Your destination is the Point Reyes Lighthouse, a historical relic of another time since passed.
- 49 Mile Scenic Drive Through San Francisco: This drive is an excellent way to see San Francisco all the from the comfort of your vehicle. It is a wonky drive, but you will see San Francisco with fresh eyes. You start at the Bay Bridge, and you will also end at the Bay Bridge.
We don’t want you to have to worry about your vehicle during your scenic drive. Bring your vehicle to our shop for a thorough inspection. Schedule an appointment today at A+ Japanese Auto Repair today, and our team will thoroughly examine your car. We are conveniently located at 780 Industrial Road, San Carlos, CA 94070.