Your tires are the only thing that maintains contact with the road. As you can imagine, they are essential to your safety on the road as you drive through San Carlos. Some tires require specific makes and models, and each tire has a different price and purpose. No tire is equal. The team at A+ Japanese Auto Repair is here to help you understand your tires.
Here are five things that every car owners need to know about tires:
- Price: Usually, with tires, you get what you pay for. There are many suppliers out there that offer excellent tires at an affordable price. If the price of a tire seems too good to be true, don’t hesitate to ask our team. We can also point you in the right direction if you have any questions about tires.
- Different Cars: When you purchase your car, it will come with a specified set of tires designed for your vehicle’s brakes, smooth handling, or steering response. If you decide to replace your tires with new ones, you will need to make sure these new tires match the vehicle's recommended load and speed index.
- Use of Vehicle: Pay attention to the type of vehicle you drive, and what you want to do with the car because it will affect your tires. For example, if you drive a light truck, you are not advised to carry heavy loads. The heavy load will affect your tires, causing them to wear out much faster than others and and potentially cause a safety hazard or blowout. Also, pay attention to where you are driving. You might want to adjust your tires depending on where you are driving.
- Your Tire’s Anatomy: One tire has 20 -- 25 elements, and each one of these elements plays a vital role in the safety and health of your tire. Most tires are constructed from the inside out, and it all starts from the inner liner of the tire.
- Fuel Economy: Depending on the tire you use, it can save fuel. If your tire has higher rolling resistance, it will require more fuel. A tire’s rolling resistance will depend on the air pressure in the tires, along with how heavy the load is.
Schedule an appointment today at A+ Japanese Auto Repair today, and our team will thoroughly examine each one of your vehicle’s tires. We are conveniently located at 780 Industrial Road, San Carlos, CA 94070.