Winter is coming! With winter almost here, many of us will bring out the warmer jackets and scarves as we prepare for those chilly temperatures. Many of us don’t realize that it is important to prepare our vehicles for winter too. The process is called winterizing your vehicle.
We recognize that there is so much to do during the winter months, especially during the holiday season. At A+ Japanese Auto Repair, we want you to be able to rely on your vehicle during these busy times. To make sure you can depend on your vehicle during winter, bring your vehicle to A+ Japanese Auto Repair. To make sure your vehicle is ready for winter, our technicians will examine these components, along with others:
- Oil change: An oil change is a quintessential example of preventative maintenance, but you would be surprised to learn how many people forget about this service. When the weather drops, the cold will cause your oil to thicken. When your oil is too thick, it can’t lubricate your engine correctly.
- Windshield wipers: Imagine you are driving, and all of a sudden, there is a downpour. You reach to turn on your windshield wipers, and you find they aren’t working. The team at A+ Japanese Auto Repair is here to prevent situations like these from happening by looking at your windshield wipers, both front, and back. This way, you are ready for whatever Mother Nature throws at you.
- Belts and hoses: If your belts and hoses are older, they are especially susceptible to cracking and breaking in cold weather. Our team will carefully inspect your belts and hoses to determine if they need to be replaced.
- Tires: During winter, tires usually lose one pound per square inch whenever the temperature drops 10 degrees Fahrenheit. If your tires are not correctly inflated, they will have less traction on the road. Our technicians will keep a close eye on your tires.
- Battery check: You have a busy morning ahead of you, you put your key into the ignition, and you find that your vehicle won’t start! During winter, your vehicle has to work that much harder to start, which is why our team must take a look at your battery to see if a replacement is necessary before the cold weather hits.
Together, we can make sure your vehicle is ready for whatever Mother Nature has in store this upcoming winter. Schedule an appointment today at A+ Japanese Auto Repair today, and our team will thoroughly examine your vehicle. We are conveniently located at 780 Industrial Road, San Carlos, CA 94070.